Pancake Day the Cozy Way
Shrove Tuesday, Mardis Gras, Pancake Day. Whatever you choose to call it, the beginning of Lent is always a good excuse to indulge in mountains of delicious pancakes with your favourite toppings.
Have you let it crepe up on you this year, unprepared in the kitchen? Check out Cozy's curated line of kitchenware in the Tableware & Cookware category here.
If you have struggled to make the perfect pancakes in the past, we have come to the rescue. After tireless research (and millions of pancakes consumed) we have found that the secret is all about the frying pan. Making sure that your frying pan is hot enough, and lightly oiled, is vital to producing delicious, thin crepes or fluffy, American-style pancakes.
Here at Cozy, we like to go traditional with lemon and sugar topping our pancake stack, but other popular choices include chocolate spread, sliced banana or even savoury marmite and grated cheese.
Why not try out the recipe below for delicious crepe-style pancakes?
Easy pancakes - makes 4
You will need:
- Frying pan
- Large mixing bowl
- 1 large egg
- 50g plain flour
- 150ml milk
- Oil for frying
- Put flour in to a large mixing bowl
- Crack an egg in to the centre of the flour
- Gradually add the milk and whisk until smooth
- Heat a small amount of oil in a frying pan
- When the oil is hot, add a small amount of pancake batter until the base of your pan is just covered
- This step is very important - leave the batter until the bottom is fully cooked.
- Gradually ease the edges away from the pan using a thin spatula and flip. The second side will take much less time to cook
- Serve with your favourite toppings