Why Mother’s Day isn’t just for Mum
Mother’s day can be a tricky one for some of us.
The idea of the day is to celebrate all things motherhood, to say thank you to our mums for everything that they do for us and to show our appreciation. In principle it is a wonderful day and mums are always grateful to hear that the things they do don’t go unnoticed. But, if you perhaps don’t have the best relationship with your own mother or, sadly, you have lost your mum, it can be a difficult day to get through. For those women who are dealing with infertility or loss, Mother’s day can serve as a reminder of what they so desperately want. If you are someone who struggles with Mother’s Day, it may seem as though the rest of the world is busy, shouting from the rooftops about how great their mums are while you try to avoid the whole thing.
But, we are here to tell you that Mother’s Day shouldn’t just be about mums. It should be about celebrating all of those wonderful women in your life who have helped you or supported you in the way that a mum would. That could mean an aunt, a grandparent, a best friend or a cousin. Someone who has laughed with us, offered a shoulder to cry on and held us up when things felt too hard to bear. Whoever that person is, we should be celebrating them just as much as we celebrate mums.
These women possibly don’t even realise the impact that they have had on our lives, so taking the time to show our appreciation of them can mean the world.
If you don’t have any women in your life to celebrate, then celebrate yourself; because you are pretty amazing too and deserve to be pampered. Treat yourself to some of your favourite things, get Cozy with a box set and remind yourself of just how awesome you are.
Whether you are going to treat your mother, another woman in your life, or yourself, we have brought together a few of our favourite items which would be ideal for gifting this Mother’s Day:
- If you know someone who loves to relax by candlelight, why not treat them to a Coconut Luxury Boxed Candle. With carefully chosen essential oils and high-quality ingredients, it is sure to add to any relaxation experience.
- Why not give the gift of something entirely unique with our range of ‘design your own’ perfumes. With options such as floral, exotic and fresh available, you are sure to find something to suit.
- If you are looking for something a little more environmentally friendly then the trio of body butters from Sintra Naturals could be exactly what you are looking for. With 3 different scents, beautifully presented in a wooden gift box and packaged in kraft paper, it is the perfect zero waste option
- For something a little more personalised, why not consider a sustainably made zodiac necklace? Created using a combination of recycled and sustainably sourced premium rosewood and 24k gold plated brass, these eye-catchingly beautiful pieces are wonderful gifts.
- If that special person in your life enjoys a visit to the spa, why not bring the spa to them? A face mask making kit comes with everything you need to treat yourself to a relaxing spa treatment in the comfort of your own home.